Aim of the course
The course “management of innovation” focuses on firms’ innovative processes and on the issues arising from them. The course aims to offer tools to analyse (a) sources, typologies and dynamics of innovation; (b) management and organization of the R&D function; (c) process for developing new products.
More specifically, the course focuses on the strategic, organizational and operative dimensions of innovative processes, paying special attention to high technology firms.
Moreover, the course analyses challenges and criticalities relevant the development and maintenance of an organizational structure that facilitate innovation and to the management of the key individuals in the firms innovative processes.
- Role and challenges of innovation management in different sectors and geographical contexts;
- Tools for innovation management;
- Analysis of the problems that can impede innovative performance;
- Principles and method for innovation management
- Management of individuals and teams;
- Development and use of innovative capabilities.
In collaboration with the course “Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital”, students are asked to develop a project work, based on the requirements and in collaboration with a local company: Beach Golf Sport Association. The group work will be guided by course lecturers and company’s tutors and will be part of the evaluation for attending students.